Website Accessibility Statement
Our Commitment to Accessibility
At Mill Neck Family of Organizations, we are committed to accessibility, diversion and inclusion. We believe that all of our users should be able to easily access, navigate and use www.millneck.org, whether you use a screen reader, magnifier, voice recognition software or another kind of assistive technology.
Accomplishing Accessibility Goals
We set high standards for web accessibility and continuously strive to ensure that we are complying with all applicable laws and guidelines. Our team is constantly educating ourselves and learning through training sessions with advocacy groups and experienced accessibility consultants to identify areas that need improvement.
- The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA are recognized and acknowledged as the international standard measure of accessibility. We regularly test our website to ensure that it is being designed, developed and operated in substantial conformance with these generally accepted guidelines and/or standards.
- We work closely with accessibility and usability specialists, and people with disabilities to make sure our website functions properly and that we are going above and beyond simply following regulatory guidelines.
- We are always learning. We consistently look for improvements in performance, speed and accessibility.
How We Are Improving Our Website
Here are some of the things that we have addressed to make sure our website is easy to use for all:
- Site Structure – We use appropriate headings, lists, paragraphs and other formatting features on our website so that users can easily use the website with assistive technology.
- Text Equivalents – People who, for example, cannot see images, may need some form of a text equivalent to interact with our website. We are working to ensure all of our images and multimedia are fully accessible through alternative text, captions and transcripts.
- Full Keyboard Access – We are developing new pages with keyboard accessibility in mind so that users can seamlessly tab through a page to find the content they need.
- Ongoing efforts – Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. Our website will continue to be assessed on a recurring basis from both an engineering and user-experience basis, including the use of assistive technology and the involvement of users with disabilities who use such assistive technologies.
Contact Mill Neck Family of Organizations with Your Accessibility Questions/Feedback
If, at any time, you have any specific questions, feedback, or concerns or if you experience any issues accessing any information on our website, please contact us for assistance.