Sign of the Times Café is a source of socialization for the unique community of people are Deaf/Hard of Hearing with developmental disabilities. We get together on a weekly basis on Wednesday evening and one Saturday each month. Occasionally, we will get together at other times for special events. Sign of the Times Café offers our consumers many opportunities to explore local communities and gain access to everyday activities with their peers. This brings a tremendous amount of jot to both the participants and their families.
Sponsored by the Long Island Developmental Disabilities Regional Office (LIDDRO) Family Support
Program Eligibility- Participants must be waiver enrolled in Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid system and be enrolled in these programs in order to participate.
- A time of respite for primary caregivers
- Socialization opportunities
- Educational growth through exploring local museums
- Bi- annual social events in NYC and other exciting places
- Family support services
- Access to additional Deaf-centric services offered by Mill Neck Services