Teacher Assistant- Full Time
Scope of Work:
Teacher assistants work under the supervision of a lead teacher, providing additional assistance and instruction to students. Teacher assistants typically work one-on-one with students or as a small group to help them understand and apply principles taught by the classroom teacher. They often circulate around the classroom while students are completing assignments and assist students who are struggling with their work.
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Greet and assist students get off the school bus and to the classroom. Assist the student from the classroom safely to the school bus.
2. Assist the School Nurse to take temperature of students upon entering the school.
3. Assist in collecting the COVID attestation form.
4. Complete assignments as assigned by the Superintendent.
5. Work with classroom teacher to monitor class schedule.
6. Assist classroom teacher with preparing for lessons by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
7. Collaborate with classroom teacher to recognize student issues and assist by recommending solutions.
8. Give one-on-one or small group instruction/lesson review.
9. Keep documentation of student progress.
10. Help classroom teacher create and implement lesson plans.
11. Assist classroom teacher with attendance, grading, and other administrative tasks.
12. Comply with school regulations and rules.
13. Attend all trainings, faculty meetings and parent conferences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Successful prior experience working in a classroom setting.
2. Proficiency in American Sign Language preferred or willingness to learn and become fluent within 3 years.
3. Integrity and professional ethics
4. Teamwork skills
5. Attention to detail
6. Excellent communication skills
Education and/or Experience
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in education required. Experience with ABA preferred.
Mill Neck Family of Organizations is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.