Scope of Work:
The Mill Neck Family of Organizations is looking for a Respite Worker to assist in providing care to individuals with developmental disabilities based on their individualized service plans and valued outcomes by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides individualized care to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Guides individuals in leisure activities.
- Performs work in accordance with appropriate procedures under the supervision of the Respite Supervisor and Social Work Supervisors.
- Supervises individual in their care at all times.
- Completes all necessary checklists and paperwork as required.
- Provides needed programmatic information at all program meetings, both in and out of the Respite Program.
- Maintains a case load of individuals
- Coordinates and attends all individuals’ Life Plan, Respite and/or Special Team meetings.
- Participates in establishing new goals with individuals.
- Reports accidents and suspected abuse as required by law.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Respite Supervisor.
- Any other duties as outlined by your supervisor
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed; Shares hobbies and skills that could benefit and enrich the program.
- Willingness to learn and communicate in American Sign Language
- Valid Driver’s License
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mill Neck Family of Organizations is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.