Direct Support Professional With out Walls- Full Time
Scope of Work: Providing training and skill development to a group of 5-6 Deaf and developmentally disabled adults throughout the Long Island community and volunteer experiences.
- Transporting individuals to and from their residence to volunteer sites using agency vehicles.
- Support individuals to establish functional independence in specific skill areas, implement individual’s staff action plan goals and objectives and document their progress.
- Writing brief case notes on a daily and monthly basis regarding the individuals’ progress to insure compliance with the valued outcomes in the Life Plan.
- Required to represent Mill Neck in individual Life Plan Meetings on a bi annual basis per individual
- Leads group sessions with individuals and facilitate the discussions to provide learning skills to be used in the community.
- Fluency in American Sign Language
- Clean and valid New York State Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other technology related programs
- Ability to communicate effectively with people
- Ability to develop a rapport with the individuals of various background
- Associates Degree and/or Bachelor’s Degree
- At least one year experience providing direct care of services to adults with developmental disabilities
- CRP & First Aid trained, SCIP-R trained
Mill Neck Family of Organizations is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.