An Employment Specialist is a dedicated professional who can provide transformative employment services to individuals who are Deaf and/or have additional disabilities. They work with these individuals through all phases of job search through on the job training, empowering them to recognize their abilities and talents and demonstrate these to the community at large.
Responsibilities and Duties:
– Provide employment services to individuals who are deaf and / or have additional disabilities, through all phases of job search through on the job training and extended services as needed to maintain employment
– Assist clients develop employment plans based on appraisals of aptitudes, interests and personality characteristics and to plan accordingly
– Contact businesses to determine needs and explain placement services
– Arrange interviews and facilitate placement
– Work with clients to master their job duties and responsibilities, understand their compensation, benefits, work schedules, policies and workplace expectations.
– Develop and maintain contacts with businesses, educational institutions and other sources for future placements.
– Prepare and maintain contemporaneous written case records, reports, perform case follow-up and other administrative tasks as required.
Education and Experience:
– Excellent communication skills
– Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL)
– Proven ability to work as part of team
– Computer Literate (knowledge of MS Excel, Word)
– Valid Driver’s License and reliable car ( For Long Island)
– Ability to work in NYC / Boroughs as needed.
– MUST be available and willing to work weekends / nights as needed
– Must possess a passion for assisting individuals to achieve personal vocational outcomes and provide person centered supports
– Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or Related Area preferred. Will Accept AA / AS Degree
How to apply:
Please apply by sending your resume to [email protected] and listing the position you are applying for in the subject line. Please be sure to note your salary expectations. We’d love to hear more about you and your passion for our company so please feel free to send a letter, video, comic monologue, or whatever best showcases you. Thank you for your interest in working with us!
Mill Neck Family of Organizations is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.